As an eco-label hotel, we are completely committed to green enjoyment and sustainability. Spend your well-deserved vacation with us with a clear conscience and ecological footprint.
We offer mountain spring water instead of iced tea, apples instead of chocolates, nature instead of computer games, ski tours instead of heliskiing and much more.
Green vacation without renunciation
"The world changes by your example
not by your opinion."
Measures for the environment
Thermal energy from local district heating (biomass)
Photovoltaic roof (17 kW / p)
Mainly purchase of green electricity from hydropower
Reduction of energy and water consumption, energy-efficient building construction. As a result, we save 90 tons of CO² annually
Use of the best, high-quality, timeless and regional materials (z.B. e.g. rock wool as insulating material, Austrian sheep wool, untreated wood from the region, fabrics made of cotton, loden, linen, etc.)
NEW: Outdoor pool (15 x 5 m) heated all year round - heated exclusively with geothermal energy (heat pumps)
For the sake of the environment
Seasonal food from regional suppliers and responsible use of water and energy have always been a matter of course for us. This is reflected not only in the building materials used and the interior design, but also in our Mediterranean-alpine kitchen concept. A green thread that runs through all departments.
Did you know?
A total of 14 deep boreholes with a total length of 1,680 m were drilled for our year-round heated outdoor pool for high-efficiency heat pumps.
stay & enjoy sustainably
- Proportion of organic and regional products is continuously expanded
e.g. we get organic eggs from the Thomanhof in Saalfelden, fish from the Grundner fish farm in Leogang, organic yogurt and organic potatoes from the Zieferhof in Leogang.
- Kitchen philosophy: No convenience products, from soup to pasta to dessert or cake - everything is home-made
(we have banned smoked salmon and tuna from our menu and much more)
- Natural garden without chemicals
- Bio-certified cosmetics in the hotel rooms
- E-mobility (charging infrastructure for hotel and guests, own e-car)
- Promotion of sustainable forms of travel, e.g. 3% environmental bonus for train travel
- Reduction of unnecessary freight by expanding local and regional purchasing
- Changeover of cleaning agents to harmless, eco-certified products
- Best possible waste avoidance, reduction and separation.
- Brochures, printed matter and paper materials comply with current certified certificates of origin such as PEFC or SFC
- Promotion of employees, good working atmosphere - some employees have been with us for more than 20 years
on the road at Hotel Der Löwe
- Two e-charging stations - Type2 plug with 3.7 kW (for a fee)
- Free ski shuttle from the hotel to the Steinbergbahn (Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn) or in summer to "The Epic Bikepark" at the Asitzbahn.
- E-mountain bike rental directly at the hotel (for a fee)
- Free pick-up from the train station Leogang, Leogang Steinberge, Saalfelden or Hochfilzen
- Public transport stop just 50 meters away from the hotel
- Hiking trails, bike and mountain bike trails directly from the hotel
- In summer, with the Saalfelden Leogang Card all public transport (bus & train) in the whole Pinzgau is free
- Horse-drawn sleighs or horse-drawn carriages will pick you up at the hotel and you will experience an idyllic ride through the Leogang valley
- Tobogganing and skiing in winter at the ski lift right behind the hotel
- Access to cross-country trails in winter is only 300 meters away