The owners of the house Rupert and Magdalena got five children and built in 1898/99 on the "Badergrund" in Leogang the Hotel NEUWIRT. For several years, Hansjörg and Barbara Madreiter were the operators of the guest establishment. In 1932 Rupert and Elisabeth Madreiter which got four children took over the Gasthaus Madreiter. When Rupert Madreiter died in 1953, the company passed to his son Anton Madreiter. In 1963 Anton married Katharina Riedlsperger. Today they are parents of four sons. In addition to innkeeper Anton's father was also a shoemaker and cinema operator.
From the beginning until 1922 there was a "junk shop" in the Hotel as well and from 1910 to 1945 in an extra room the "Sunday Cashbox" of the Raiffeisen(bank) Leogang and also a small farm. With the takeover of the Hotel by Rupert and Elisabeth Madreiter another use was added. From 1932 to 1952 was a hairstylist in the hotel as well and from 1932 to 1959 and additionally shoemaker. With the owner Anton Madreiter, who was born on 12.04.1929 in Pillersee, the construction of the Hotel "Leoganger Hof" has started.
In 1952/53 a hall and several guest rooms were built. This hall was not only used for hospitality, it was also used as a cinema until 1963. From 1954 to 1981,the post office was also housed here.
Always up to the modern requirements of the time, an expansion of the existing operation took place after 1963. A conversion and cultivation of guest rooms in the years 1971/72,also a indoorpool and several guest rooms with modern comfort where build in 1990/91, in cooperation with the entire family. That means a modern 4 star Hotel Löwenhof with a lot of comfort was created. In 2001, the first renovation took place. In just three months construction time, an underground garage with 26 parking spaces, a new outdoor area and a natural pool.
In the following years, investments continued. The kitchen was completely renewed, in all rooms came wooden floors, the wellness area was renovated and the restaurant and the lobby completely as well. The Hotel Löwenhof has been transformed into the Hotel Der Löwe live free and a new hotel concept.
Pleasure and culinary, regional products and sustainability play a major role. In 2014, we built the first electric charging station in Leogang and purchased an electric car, which is also available to our guests as a rental car. 2015 was a big change. In 3 months, the whole house was completely renovated. All rooms on the 3rd floor have been completely renovated, the 4th floor with exclusive suites and the LEONARUIUM - the wellness area above the roofs of Leogang have been created.
NEWS 2022: All season heated outdoorpool!
Personal service and generosity are our most important corporate values!
Welcome to the hotel for more enjoyment of life!