Escape the hot southern temperatures and the hustle and bustle of the city. Refreshing swim in the outdoor pool. Balmy summer evenings in the Löwengartl. Fresh air in the morning, hot temperatures during the day and cool pleasant nights. A healthy climate for wellness vacationers who love sports.
Pure summer retreat
Get out of the steaming hiking boots
and barefoot into the cool waters of refreshing mountain lakes.
Summer in Leogang
Information and useful tips for your vacation. Discover our beautiful region in summer:
Ihr Vorteilsticket im Urlaub
- Daily 2 x free ascent and descent with the Asitzbahn in Leogang and the cable cars in Saalbach Hinterglemm incl. bike transport
- Daily unlimited free ascent and descent with the chairlift at the Biberg in Saalfelden
- Daily unlimited admission to the swimming pools in Leogang and Saalfelden
- Free use of bus & train Pinzgau from 1 May to 31 October
- Free admission to the mining museum, art museum and local history museum
- Free guided hikes, herbal workshops and much more.
Summer in the mountains
The sore muscles were worth it! The unique view from the mountain peaks. Finally I have made it. I am proud of myself! It was exhausting. I haven't felt my thighs like this in a long time. But now I feel good. Recovered and full of energy. Everyday life is far away. That's how it should be.
Hike in one of the most beautiful regions of the Alps between the Kitzbühel Alps and the Hochkönig. Over 400 km of well-marked hiking trails await you! With the Saalfelden Leogang Card (free for Hotel Der Löwe guests) you get from May to November daily 2 x mountain railway ride for free.
Hiking shuttle to the Steinbergbahn at fixed times with our E-Vito!
Hotel Der Löwe is the starting point to many managed alpine pastures on lush high alpine pastures in the province of Salzburg. Rustic huts offer hikers self-produced regional delicacies such as bread, butter, milk, bacon, cheese and much more. This silence, away from the hustle and bustle of modern times is wonderful and the Almwuzl on the Lindlalm is legendary!
Vacation with many benefits
Pleasure cyclists & mountain bikers
With 780 km of mountain bike trails in all levels of difficulty and 480 km of bike paths, all of which are easily accessible from the hotel, an Eldorado for gravel bikers, touring bikers and e-bikers is right on the doorstep. Cool lines and trails are also available in one of the best bike parks in Europe in "The Epic Bikepark".
Life is a beautiful ride
Hotel Der Löwe - right in the middle of Europe's largest biker region. Mountain bike, downhill and e-biking for active connoisseurs.
Enjoy 1 x weekly a panoramic e-bike tour with Rupert Madreiter.
Benefits for bikers
Securely locked and video monitored bikeroom
Own heated locker for each room
Professional repair station
Bike washing place
Free shuttle to the bike park (only 5 minutes) with our Mercedes-Vito
Free washing service for your bike clothes
15 % Discount for the Bikepark ticket
2 x daily bike transport with the cablecar for free
Newest E-Montainbikes for rent: € 60 per day
Our favorite routes
Leogang region golf courses
Hotel Der Löwe is the starting point to many fantastic golf courses in the region. Tee off in the face of the mountains. Flat along the valley or hilly but always with the imposing mountains in front of you. Golfing is the passion of Rupert Madreiter, who will gladly take you on his rounds of golf.
We wish you a good game.
"Working on the golf swing is like ironing a shirt.
No sooner do you finish one side than the other side is full of wrinkles again."
Benefits for the golf vacation
Up to 30% discount on our partner courses GC Urslautal and GC Brandlhof
16 other golf courses within one hour by car
10% golf course discount at GC Urslautal and GC Brandlhof
Free range fee at GC Urslautal and GC Brandlhof
Reservation of tee times and tournament registration
Lockable caddy room with 30 sockets
Handicap improvement tournaments every Wednesday and Thursday
E-trolley rental directly at the hotel 1 day € 10 and 7 days € 50
within 100 km
- GC Zell am See - 2 x 18 holes, 22 km
- GC Kitzbühel Schwarzsee - 18 holes, 41 km
- GC Eichenheim Kitzbühel - 18 holes, 47 km
- GC Hohe Tauern (Mittersill) - 18 holes, 49 km
- GC Kaiserwinkl Kössen - 18 holes, 51 km
- GC Bad Gastein - 18 holes, 55 km
- GC Goldegg - 18 holes, 58 km (10% discount)
- GC Radstadt - 18 + 9 holes, 60 km
- GC Salzburg Eugendorf - 18 holes, 84 km
- GC Gut Altentann - 18 holes, 90 km
- GC Am Mondsee - 18 holes, 99 km